This girl, as much as I hate to admit it, is growing up. Evie is four and a half now - she starts preschool this fall, which means it's time for a big girl room. I can't believe how time has flown by, and while it feels like I have known her all of my life, it also feels like she was an itty bitty baby just yesterday! I love just about any excuse to decorate just about anything , but this project is just a little bitter sweet. Evie and Anabelle have been sharing a room ever since we moved Annie out of our bedroom at four months old. Every night since then, at least one of the girls if not both, have at some point each and every night migrated back into our room to sleep with Mom and Dad. So after 20 months of squishy nights, Ben and I are ready for a bigger bed!!! We have decided to buy a king for us, and give our queen to Evie and Anabelle to share - seeing as they love to snuggle anyway (we hope this will help to keep them in THEIR room!) We also plan to use the girl's room as a guest room when needed and then Evie and Annie can just camp out with us in our new big bed ;) That is the plan, now for the fun stuff - here are my decor plans for the "big girl" redo...
B) Fabric for upholstered headboard (I bought 4 of these huge "Cherry Blossom" shams when they were on sale at Pottery Barn Kids, it is enough fabric for the headboard and chair cushion!)
C) Green with white polka dot sheet set
D) I plan to have some monogrammed pillows of course!
E) Possible coordinating fabrics (love these, but not sure if I will need them yet)
F) I plan to do white window treatments with trim

A) Artwork: "July's Dilemma" and "August Sound" prints from Sarah Jane that I ordered last year (love!) along with a growth chart from Rosenberry Rooms for $49.95 (but I found it for $6.99 at TJ Maxx!!!)
B) Accessories: I would like to find some fun frames, plus I need to repaint Evie and Annie's wall letters to math the new room (inspiration from Posh Paints)
C) Furniture: I bought a vintage chest of drawers before Annie was born and painted it white, it is similar to this one. I need to find cute bedside tables/chests - I love these, but they are about $1,500 each!!!
D) I bought a sweet lamp for the chest of drawers at Home Goods, it is similar to this one, but it's green. I have a vintage ceiling fixture to redo and plan to use this chandelier as inspiration for painting it. I also have a sweet set of vintage lamps that were mine as a child (were vintage then too!) to go on the bedside tables.


3 comments:
can't wait to see it, and can't wait to show off Owen's room!
It's going to be a room fit for two little princesses! Can't wait to see it all come together! Love you all! -Katie
you know i love it all! its going to be beautiful! xo
Post a Comment