Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Monthly News: June 2008

( happy "pick me up" flowers from Alina)

June 2008: The View from the Couch
The month of June brought change for our whole family in the form of bed rest for me. Our schedule has been extremely uneventful, and our social lives limited. In spite of the circumstances, we're finding enjoyment in the simpler things. If nothing else, we're going to do a lot of family bonding over the summer, I can't complain about that!

Ben
Ben made awesome scores on his final written and practical exams in paramedic school. He finished up just in time to take on the role of Mr. Mom at home, poor guy can't catch a break. He's always been a great parent, and now he's really stepped up by taking on many of the little "mommy things" that I do. I woke up the other day to find that he had styled Evie's hair in pigtails and painted her nails too. It was just the kind of QT she needed - good job Dad! Ben loves to ask, "What would you do without me?" I usually answer sarcastically , "I wouldn't need therapy." But seriously, I don't know what I would do without the constant support and companionship he gives to me. One really awesome thing Ben does is provide any kind of takeout food at any time of day, he'll run out on a whim to fulfill random cravings - like a pregnancy fairy godmother or something! "Mr. High Activity" has been a really good sport about the high levels of lameness around the house lately, I know it's been hard for him, as he is such a "get up and go" kind of guy. Ben has been really enthusiastic about coming up with little ways to make life exciting, like movie nights, we recently re-watched The Lord of The Rings trilogy and we're currently re-working our way through the Harry Potter series. It's hard to be bored with Ben around - I'm very thankful for his company!

Megan
I'm just living day to day - minute to minute. Staying in tune with my symptoms is seriously an all consuming past time. In spite of the huge responsibility I'm feeling, I'm doing my best not to loose it. I told Ben that I'm trying to think about it like this; in the big picture of Anabelle's life, three months of boring is not such a big deal. My mom (who by the way I could not live without right now) reminded me that one day this will all just be a memory. That sounds nice, I can't wait until that is a reality. My friends and family have been wonderfully supportive by bringing food, playing with Evie, calling to check on me, etc. Ben and I have a hard time admitting that we need help, so it's been great that people are just coming forward and offering - thank you, really, thank you!

Evie
Little Miss Sunshine is the best thing about everyday. Just when I start to feel low, Evie comes around and picks me up with a hug, a kiss, or something funny to say. Evie made the move to a big girl bed this month, and with that change we discovered the joys of bed time. We've enjoyed sharing the sweetest moments reading stories, singing songs, praying, and snuggling each night. Since my life is about relaxing right now anyway, Evie's bed time is the most precious highlight of my day. Then each morning she comes into our room happy, bouncy, and ready for hugs. In addition to being the best start and end to each day, Evie is our life's comic relief. All she has to do is be herself and we can't stop giggling. Tonight we decided to let her take the money from her bank and let her buy a little princess set at Target. Ben was showing Evie how to put the money in her purse and zip it up, when she said, "Daddy, I need moy, I need moy!" (moy = more) that's my girl - she already knows how to work it! Now that she's purchased the princess set and has them all arranged to her liking, she has decided that the Cinderella is actually "mommy" - God bless her!

Anabelle
I've never wished harder for a time machine in my whole life. I'd so love to skip the next three months and just hold the baby girl. Anabelle is about nine inches long and two pounds right now, and she should start to open her eyes some time this week! We're getting close to having everything ready for her arrival. Our double stroller was delivered this week and I just received her swaddle blanket in the mail this morning. In the words of Kip - "I love technology", the Internet has allowed me to continue on as planned with my baby shopping list. My mom is busy finishing my nursery updates, she has graciously offered to paint a chest, fix a cabinet, help organize the closets, and make an "E" and "A" to go above the beds. I'm really thankful that she was willing to take this on, I guess I'm nesting vicariously through my mother:) It's great that I can still have those special little things ready for Anabelle without having to risk her health!

This has been a simpler monthly post than usual. To be perfectly honest, I really struggled to sort through my thoughts this time. I think that perhaps I'm thinking so many things that I'm totally overwhelmed. I covet your prayers for me, my family, our parents (who are doing so much to help), and so importantly for Baby Anabelle. We value all of your friendships and so appreciate the time you have put into making us feel loved and supported. Thanks for everything!

2 comments:

kelly said...

I like your attitude about getting through it. And it's true, you don't remember much once the suckiness has gone away. I already have forgotten most of my C-section woes. I think God is good to us that way, that our minds can't hold onto everything. Praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm still liking the monthly updates.
Sorry yesterday was not a good time to bring dinner....I'll catch you again when I get back from Kelly's. Love to all, Mama K

Evie Grace

CafeMom Tickers

Anabelle May

CafeMom Tickers