Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

September 11th Weekend

This past weekend marked the 9th anniversary of 9/11. Ben was asked to participate in a tribute at the opening of Sunday's Jaguars vs. Broncos game in which a group of Jacksonville firefighters, police, and U.S. Naval personnel opened a huge flag during the national anthem, followed by a Navy fly over. If you can enlarge this photo, Ben is near the 40 yard line in a red helmet. It was a special thing to be a part of, I know Ben felt honored. Now, I don't want to change the topic or to be even slightly irreverent, but I do want to share these pictures that Ben took when he was standing right next to Tim Tebow(!) Tim didn't have his usual verse painted on his face, so to keep things in perspective I pulled up all of his choices from last season and I thought his September 19, 2009 vs. Tennessee verse would have been a good choice for 9/11 weekend...
And we know that God causes all things
to work together for good to those who love God,
to those who are called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28

3 comments:

Beth said...

How cool is that! Big Gator fans here, my husband went to UF.

Katie said...

I am so excited that Ben was chosen for this event. Ben is an everyday hero and we are all so proud of him! Also, lovin' the Tebow pics! Tim is such an awesome, godly guy... I love the Scripture.

Allison said...

That is so cool that Ben got to do that!
TIM!!

Evie Grace

CafeMom Tickers

Anabelle May

CafeMom Tickers