
The past 48 hours have been filled - FILLED! Tuesday morning, mom and I were able to move into our booth at the adorable
Three Chicks boutique in Avondale (come visit!). We rushed to set up in about an hour and a half because Ben and I had planned to leave for our belated anniversary trip Tuesday morning. Around 1:00, Ben and I left for a quick (but lovely) trip to Savannah, GA.

We stayed at the ultra fab
Mansion on Forsyth Park, right across from the famous
fountain. We spent the afternoon and evening hitting my favorite shops,
@ Home, and
The Paris Market, both on Broughton Street. The weather was so hot (can't you tell by our picture? I look like Marilla in Anne of Green Gables - tired and with my hair way too tight - eeek!) Thankfully, we had a fabulous garden tub in our room (so great for cooling off) I took at least 3 baths in our less than 24 hour stay. My sweet hubby took me to dinner at the hotel's
700 Drayton restaurant, where we sipped on champagne and both ordered "the right thing" - yum! After dinner, we went looking for a ghost tour, but they were all booked, that was a God thing because I should have known better than to scare the mess out of myself anyway! Instead, we ended up in the
Six Pence Pub where the famous scene from
Something to Talk About was filmed, I'd always wanted to go there anyway. We really enjoyed a quiet night of sleeping with no baby monitor, woke up at 10:00, checked out at 11:00, and went for lunch at SCAD's
Gryphon Tea Room - delicious! We hit a few more of my hot spots (
One Fish Two Fish,
No. Four Eleven, and
La Paperie) around 1:00 we felt like we had done it all, so we headed to pick up some furniture that we bought from my cousin's mother-in-law (a great antique pine table and a lovely little chest). Ben and I love to get away, but we always miss our children so much, and we wanted to get home to join our friends keeping watch over Pete at the hospital.

Plus... when this tasty treat lives at your house, homecomings are extra sweet! We were just elated to see our little Nani and Ev (
nicknames are fun :)! Today, my girls and I were excited to spend the day with some of our family besties, Pete's daughter Emily, and nieces Mary-Kathryn and Sarah. Having known these sweet chickies since they were babies, they are like cousins to me, and fun young aunties to Evie and Anabelle. It was just so nice to spend time with them and enjoy a little bit of girl time at the mall. After taking them back to the hospital this evening, we went straight to a reception for our very close friend, Vickie, who's mother passed away in Romania (her home) earlier this week. Vickie was able to go home to visit her mother several weeks before her passing, but was not able to go home for the funeral. Vickie is so precious to us, like another mommy to me and an extra grandmommy to my babies. I will be honest, this has been an emotional week. I hate to see people that I love grieving. I have so appreciated all of your prayers, and please don't stop now! I received a call a little while ago that Pete is opening his eyes on command!!! There are lots of tests planned for tomorrow, pray for good results and continued healing!!!
2 comments:
wow! what an awesome trip! i want to go! we might have to set up a trip very soon! so glad you had a little fun during all the saddness! did you buy anything? xoxo
Just a cute vintage style bib for Annie. How was birthday night? How was craft night? One day I'll be able to play with you again!
Post a Comment