Petting a "Guck" at the Fair
I'm discovering that I'm not the world's most expressive blogger, I have a tendency to organize thoughts and updates into "blips". So after some consideration I've decided that, along with my regular "blips", I will write a deeper monthly update in an attempt to better share and document our lives. This is my first installment, here goes...Ben
I have no doubt that Ben is currently the busiest fellow on the planet. For the past year, he has juggled his career with the fire department, paramedic school, clinicals, ride time, and pressure washing. Ben has excelled in everything he has taken on, and has continued to be the sweetest husband and dad in spite of his absolute exhaustion. It's hard to know when Ben is "running on empty" because he just keeps going, I deeply respect his ability to handle chaos with grace. We are all looking forward to the end of paramedic school in mid June. I know Ben is ready to have his life back (and to have time to eat, breath, and sleep), and I'm ready to see him settled. I'm really just so grateful to God for a great husband!
Megan
My life in the past couple of months has been completely consumed with pregnancy (I can't wait for the return of non-hormonal hair - yikes). After a very rough first three months, I'm finally hungry all of the time - yay! While pregnancy is very real, the thought of having a second baby is so surreal. I don't feel anymore "in the loop" this second time around, it still feels so new. I'm glad for the feelings of newness, as I appreciate the same "first time feelings" of excitement and anticipation, but I've had to diligently seek God for peace in the face of anxiety. I've struggled to remember that God held me through my difficulties with baby Evie, and I've again struggled to trust Him and relinquish control. I'm learning that my past experiences are no match for the total sovereignty of my God. No matter what I think I've already learned, I will never stop needing Him.
Aside from pregnant life, I'm currently soaking up a blossoming friendship with Evie. It's been incredible to experience her personality as it takes shape and she changes from a baby to a small person. The laughter, tears, experiences, etc. that we share are invaluable to me. It's so sweet to feel that we've already reached a point where we need each other's companionship equally. The lessons a two year old has unintentionally taught me have been such a precious resource in my life, it has been amazing to watch God use my baby to teach me about Himself. All in all, I'm delighted in the comfort and security that God has given me in my young family, and I'm looking forward to our future as the three of us welcome the new baby this Fall.
Evie
Evie's life continues to be filled with "firsts". Just this month she experienced her first trip to the county fair, her first time petting a "guck", and her first bowl of red beans and rice (I'm sure she reached other mile stones, those are just the three that stand out in my mind). The beautiful thing about being two is that the whole world is new, fresh, and wonderful. Evie has the ability to soak up and appreciate the most mundane of items and events. An ant on the bathroom floor is not only fascinating, but a potential new best friend as well. My first inclination is to squish the ant, but as I watch Evie study it's every move (after which she waves and shouts "Hi") I think how beautiful God's world really is. How much care He put into the creation of everything. Evie is able to appreciate things (beautiful things) that Ben and I have long lost fascination over. How precious a gift is a little person!
Evie continues to love baby dolls, real babies, all animals, Charlie and Lola, and Mickey Mouse. Her newest additions to her list of "loves" are church (big yay!), princesses, and soccer balls (or as she would say "chuch, pincesses, and socca bawls"). She surprises us with something new everyday; a word, a song, an imitation. Evie never fails to entertain. I sometimes wonder what our life would be like without her... I just can't picture it.
Evie has recently been blessed with new additions to her family; her cousin Karis who moved here 5 months ago, her cousin Liam who was born in December, and her cousin Owen who was just born last week (we are looking forward to meeting him!). Evie adores her younger cousins, and spending time with them is great preparation for her sibling coming in October. She has such a tender little heart when it comes to babies. Just yesterday, she was holding a picture of Owen saying, "Oh Baby Owen, you so sweet". I can't wait to watch Evie grow into a big sister, already she rubs my belly and talks to the baby, it's so sweet to me that the baby will recognize her voice (in addition to mine and Ben's) when he/she is born. I'm so looking forward to watching a relationship grow between the two of them.
Little Baby
The littlest member of our family of all is growing bigger everyday. At about 5 inches from head to bottom, Baby K has grown strong enough to kick Mommy - I love it! We're all anxiously awaiting the ultrasound next month in which we will find out if we are having a boy or a girl. Some of you have been asking about names, even though we're not quite finished, I'm happy to share what we've decided so far. A boy will be named Benjamin Lee, for Ben's first name and my middle name (I'm named after my granddaddy), and he will go by Lee. A girl will be named Anabelle and we are in the process of picking a family name for her middle name. In fact, Ben has really dug into the family name researching with me, and we've narrowed it down to several that we both like. He plans to surprise me with a choice off our list on ultrasound day, I think that sounds like a fun surprise! Even though we've been told that we may be having a girl, I'm feeling excited about either prospect (boy or girl) as I know that God has selected the perfect baby for our family!
Thanks for "hanging in there" for such a long post



2 comments:
Megan,
I LOVED this post. Thanks for a lengthy update. It helps us feel closer than 2.5 hours away.
We LOVE the onesies...he wore all three today thanks to lots of accidents. :)
love you
Kelly
I too enjoyed the long post. It made me think of the comment I made when I heard ya'll were pregnant the first time. "There's such JOY in seeing the world thru the eyes of a child". It is a lot like seeing God's world like new in the little things we don't as grownups even notice any more. The onesies ARE COMPLETELY ADORABLE!!!1
What talent!!!! Love to all, Mama K
Post a Comment